Amarillo College's policy pertaining to campus carry will be discussed on Tuesday night.
During the AC Board of Regents' regularly scheduled meeting, the board will hear AC's proposed policy for Campus Carry. The policy addresses what AC's compliance will be in regards to Senate Bill 11.
Under the proposed policy, Amarillo College students who are legally permitted would be able to carry a concealed firearm on campus. Students would not be allowed to carry a concealed firearm on the following properties:
· Hagy Center for Young Children
· the Child Development Lab on the West Campus,
· all Kids’ College activities held in Building B on the West Campus,
· the Dance Gym on the West Campus,
· the Amarillo Museum of Art on the Washington Street Campus,
· the Carter Fitness Center on the Washington Street Campus,
· the Testing Center on the Washington Street Campus,
· Or any property deemed necessary for campus security.
The regents will hear the proposed policy during their meeting on Tuesday. The Board may consider adopting the policy or waiting until their March 28th meeting to take action.
A full copy of the proposed policy can be found on our Facebook page.
The Amarillo College Board of Regents will hold their meeting in the Palo Duro Room of the AC College Union Building (2201 S. Washington). The meeting will begin at 7pm on February 28th.