The Amarillo Pioneer

Amarillo's only free online newspaper. Established in 2016, we work to bring you local news that is unbiased and honest.

 

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Claims Lives of Two Amarilloans

Two Amarillo residents have died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to the Amarillo Fire Department.

AFD reported on Wednesday that two citizens over the age of 80 years died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning in an incident this weekend. Officials say the couple had been using an appliance manufactured for outdoor cooking inside of their kitchen. The machine is similar to a turkey fryer, in that it produces a large open flame. The machine's flame then produced deadly carbon monoxide.

No carbon monoxide detector was found in the home, according to officials. Evidence did exist, however, that a carbon monoxide detector had been in the home at one time.

The victims in the incident have been identified as Paul Van Le, 80, and Nghi Nguyen, 83.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas. The best way to prevent a tragic incident involving carbon monoxide in your home is to install a carbon monoxide detector, officials say.

 Photo by Amarillo Fire Department

Photo by Amarillo Fire Department

Randall Sheriff to Host Active Shooter Training

Dog Rescued by Animal Management After Being Crushed with Trash

0