The following is a compilation of the unedited responses from Carley Snider, candidate for Potter County District Clerk, to the 2018 Amarillo Pioneer Voter Guide Questionnaire. Snider is running in the March 6th Republican primary against Crystal Flores.
Potter County District Clerk
Court Administrator for the 181st District Court
Please list any of your political, civic or non-profit experience.
Hutchinson County Republican Women- Secretary-Treasurer 1994-1996; Rural Association of Court Administration conference organizer: 2011 and 2016; Secretary-Treasurer-Rural Association of Court Administration 2016 - present.
What is your top priority, if elected?
Provide excellent communication and customer service in Potter County Clerk's office
Examine the jury pool system and incorporate ways to minimize citizens being summoned
Continue updating and automating the District Clerk's Office to better serve the Courts, attorneys and public
To cross-train all staff of the clerk's office in order to provide continuous services to all customers without interruption.
How are you better prepared than your opponent(s) to handle the job you are seeking?
• 38 Years of legal experience
• Court Administrator- 181st Judicial District Court: 2003 - present (Potter/Randall Counties)
• Potter/Randall County Indigent Defense Coordinator: 2015 - present
• Court Administrator- 84th Judicial District Court: 1993 - 2002 (Hutchinson Hansford & Ochiltree Counties)
• Legal Assistant and County Attorney Secretary: 1980 - 1993 (Edmonds, LaGrone & Smith)
• Texas Center for the Judiciary Professional Development Program Graduate: 2005
Are you supported by Amarillo Matters?
Why should voters choose you on March 6th?
I know I have the experience it will take to lead the Potter County District Clerk's office. I have a passion for learning new things and solving problems when they arise. I pledge to make the Clerk's Office work with extreme efficiency.