The following list of Amarillo area lane closures is for the week of August 5, 2019, and was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation
· The Hike and Bike trail at SL 335 (N. Soncy) and SW 9th Avenue is closed about 100' north of the intersection, and will close to the south, as utilities are relocated in advance of the next phase of Loop construction. The trail should reopen in October.
· Wednesday, Aug. 7, the I-40 eastbound to I-27 southbound direct connect will close after 6 p.m. along with the left and right lanes of I-27 southbound so crews can install large, overhead signs. There will also be a rolling lane closure in the center lane that will be led by a pilot car. Please drive with caution.
· Resurfacing of the southeast quadrant of SL 335 from Washington Street to I-40 will continue in sections in both directions with one lane of traffic led by a pilot car for traffic control. Expect delays.
· I-27 and SL 335 (Hollywood Road) Bridge Reconstruction
o Monday, Aug. 5 – The westbound main lane of SL 335 will be directed into one-lane traffic on the right lane, just east of the Bell Street bridge.
o Tuesday, Aug. 6 – Westbound SL 335 main lane traffic will be directed into one-lane traffic on the left lane, just east of the Bell Street bridge.
· I-40 and Ross/Arthur Bridge Reconstruction
o The left lane of I-40 eastbound will be closed from 10 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7 until 5 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 8 from the I-27 interchange to the Arthur Street bridge for striping changes.
o The right lane of I-40 eastbound will be closed from 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 8 until 6 a.m. Friday, Aug. 9 from Ross Street to Nelson Street, for barrier removal. The entrance and exit ramps at I-40 and Nelson Street will also be closed. Traffic needing access to Nelson Street should exit at Ross Street and stay on the frontage road.
o The left lane of I-40 westbound will be closed from 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 9 to 6 a.m. Saturday, Aug. 10 from Nelson Street to the I-27 interchange, for barrier removal.
· E-way Maintenance Section
o The right lane of SL 335 (Soncy Road) southbound will be closed between Amarillo Boulevard and I-40 for edge repair.
o The left and center lanes of I-40 will be closed at Coulter Street for patching on Wednesday, Aug. 7.
o Expect various left and center lane closures on I-40 eastbound at Western Street for bridge deck repair on Thursday, Aug. 8
o Expect various lane closures on Pierce and Taylor streets coming from downtown for concrete repair.
o The left lanes of I-27 will be closed in both directions for guardrail repairs.
· Loop Maintenance Section
o Watch for various lane closures as crews patch on FM 1912, SH 136, FM 293, and FM 245.
o Crews will continue herbicide application (spraying edges), sign work, and mowing throughout the area.