The following list of Amarillo area lane closures is for the week of July 15, 2019 and was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation
· On Monday, July 15, the Ross exit from I-40 eastbound will be closed from 7 a.m. until 5 p.m. for hot mix paving.
· Monday through Thursday, July 15 – 18, the right lane of I-40 eastbound will be closed from Eastern Street to the I-40/US 287 split through the detour for patching repairs. I-40 will be reduced to one lane through this area from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. each day.
· On the I-40 westbound frontage road, expect periodic left lane closures between Lakeside Drive and Whitaker Road as work requires.
· Expect various lane closures for patching repairs on:
o SH 136
o US 287 including the right lane of the exit ramp from I-40
o FM 245
· Throughout the Amarillo area, continue to watch for:
o Contractor mowers
o Herbicide spot edge spraying
o Sign work
o Contractor seal coat striping and spot clean up
· As Pierce and Taylor streets disperse southbound on US 87, various lanes will be closed for tree and brush removal.
· On I-40 westbound, watch for various lane closures near the Helium Road exit for ditch maintenance.
· Watch for slow-moving operations on I-27, and at the I-40/US 287 split for vegetation management in the center medians.