The following list of Amarillo area lane closures is for the week of November 12, 2018 and was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation
· Tuesday and Wednesday, Nov. 13 and 14, Interstate 40 will be reduced to one lane in both directions over Soncy Road to seal the bridge deck.
· Wednesday through Friday, Nov. 14 – 16, the Whitaker Road exit ramp from I-40 eastbound will be closed during the day. Traffic will need to exit Eastern Street for access to Whitaker Road.
· On the eastern portion of State Loop (SL) 335, watch for shifts in lanes from Washington Street to Eastern Street in both directions as crews perform patching repairs.
· On US 87, various lanes will be closed in both directions from 15th Avenue to St. Francis Avenue for bridge deck repair.
· Watch for crews fog sealing the far right lanes of Interstate 40 in both directions from Grand Street to Pullman Road.
· Wednesday through Friday, Nov. 14 – 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. each day, the left lanes of I-27 will be closed in both directions at the I-40 interchange for painting.
· The far right lanes of I-40 will be closed in both directions at Avondale and Washington streets for work on the slopes.
· Midweek, expect various ramp closures along I-40 as the contractor completes surface work. Also expect lanes closures for work on bridge joints where I-40 crosses Crockett and Georgia streets.
· Saturday and Sunday, Nov. 17 and 18, 26th Avenue will be closed under the I-27 bridge from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day for painting. Motorists needing access should exit 34th Avenue.
· On Saturday, Nov. 17, the exit to I-40 from I-27 northbound will be closed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for resurfacing. A detour will be in place to direct traffic to an alternate route.